Our Soldiers Seem To Be Dying For Nothing Sometimes..

Yeah, not a question. So what. This is pretty much just a mom forum by now. Anyway, Some of you may remember the boy who wouldn't say the Pledge of Allegiance; and now there's been an incident with a girl as well.

The mother of a 13-year-old Montgomery County middle school student is demanding an apology from a teacher who had school police escort the youngster from a classroom for refusing to say the Pledge of Allegiance.

I don't care if you get offended at someone not saying the Pledge. It's our RIGHT as American citizens to not have to say it, and to deny us that right, makes our soldiers deaths in vain. Remember that when you throw around the usual come back: "Thank our soldiers for your right to not say the Pledge." Damn right I do. Freedom and rights as U.S. citizens applies to all of us, not just who we deem worthy.

Link in reply below.

NightPhoenix

Asked by NightPhoenix at 12:18 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:18 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• guess they shouldnt of joined the military
    Anonymous

• I totally agree!! Couldn't have said it better myself! Cuddos to you!!
    cgonzales542

Answer by cgonzales542 at 12:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I dont think people should be forced to recite the pledge but I never understand why they do not feel the want to..never have and never will.

I also want to say that MORE of our soldiers will likely die now that their hands are tied even more on the battle feild because oh they cannot shot unless the enemy shoots at them first...war is ugly and it cannot be go well when it is all PC'ified.Nobody loves war no not even us conservatives but if nothing else works and it is the only real option .do it to win..and keep the politicians out of it.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• How sad that the teacher took it that far and the girl was humiliated like that. What I don't understand is why the girl simply did not stand. We don't salute the flag either but were always taught to stand quietly out of respect....we taught our children the same thing. One does not have to participate. Showing respect, however, is never a bad thing and does not mean you are participating.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 12:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• they cannot shot unless the enemy shoots at them first...

source?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I'll find it be back in a while ..got to spoonfeed
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Wow. When I was in high school (in NM), we had a choice! - we could choose to stand and say it, or choose to sit quietly.  That is what I love about America - the freedom!

Anonymous

• "Freedom and rights as U.S. citizens applies to all of us, not just who we deem worthy. "

________________

Take your own words to heart. YOU reserve the right to NOT pledge allegiance to your country and others reserve the right to tell you what THEY think about it!

Anonymous

• 'tolerance' (tŏĺər-É™ns)

(noun)
    The capacity for or the practice of recognizing and respecting the beliefs or practices of others.

www.dictionary.com
    Anonymous