my son used to be a angel baby. now that he is a year old he has become ver moody. now he doesn't want to take a nap, which means he is asleep by 7 or 8. then he gets up around midnight. why is he doing this, what caused it, and how can i change it?

TrogQueenE

Asked by TrogQueenE at 12:19 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Do you have a consistent schedule for him? My son is 15 months and around a year he dropped his morning nap and we went to one afternoon nap, but it's at the same time every day and we have a naptime routine just like we have a bedtime routine. He knows what's going to happen and when. I think consistency and routine is key for kids. My son fought his nap one time a couple of months ago - I let him fuss in his crib for about 8 minutes, then I went in settled him down and left again, went back in after 10 mins, etc. It took about 30 mins for him to realize I wasn't giving in and he just went to sleep. He goes to bed at 7 and sleeps until 7 in the morning. Unless you're willing to let him cio at midnight, I'm not sure how to tell you to handle it.

Answer by missanc at 12:25 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• that doesnt work! i tried it last night.
    TrogQueenE

Answer by TrogQueenE at 10:27 AM on Feb. 26, 2010