RSV question?

I'm worried that my baby is healthy! lol I don't know why it concerns me, but he was 2 months old when he got RSV, we did breathing treatments at home, gave him anti-biotics to ward off pneumonia and he bounced right back after only a week of being sick. On top of that, he's formula fed and people have flat out said there's a greater risk he'd die if he's formula fed. Why is it he did so well and almost every other young baby I know that's gotten RSV ended up in the hospital, including EBF babies?

marine_wife0520

Asked by marine_wife0520 at 12:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It also depends on genetics. If you and your hubby are very healthy people and bounce back quickly then your LO will too. My LO wheezed once this past fall and bounced back in a few days. But she has asthmatic tendencies b/c I have it and her dad had it when he was young
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• lol poor baby lol
    Anonymous

• Did they check his oxygen levels? My EBF baby got RSV and was hospitalized just because her oxygen levels dropped. After 3 hours on oxygen, she maintained her levels well, but they kept her over night for observation. Since she never needed oxygen again they sent us home the next day and she was on breathing treatments.

So, to answer your question, if they didn't check his oxygen levels that is why he wasn't hospitalized. My baby didn't seem bad sick, just congested, but it was her low oxygen levels that landed her in the hospital.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:55 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Yep they checked his oxygen levels and he was fine. I guess it makes sense that maybe he'll be like all 3 of us, none of us get sick ever, I guess I should just count my blessings. Thanks ladies.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 4:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2010