Am I being snooty?

I refuse to use a pediatrician that accepts medi-cal. Their offices are usually dirty and ALWAYS crowded!!!! I moved to a new area so today I was scouting a new ped. I felt snooty asking if they accepted anything other than my PPO, namely medi-cal, but I feel I have the right to like my doctor's office.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't think you are and I can understand where your coming from.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Yes you are being a horrible person.. It's called tolerance look it up..

Anonymous

• Maybe being a little snooty, but who cares?? I mean, if thats what you want, then thats what you should do. I don't use a pediatrician who takes anyone other than PPO because I don't like the care we got when we used one. It was like the Dr could care less so we switched.
    Anonymous

• Why do I have to tolerate crowded offices when plenty of docs take only PPO's or non medi-cal patients?
    Anonymous

• Well if that is what you want.
    Anonymous

• lol no lol
    Anonymous

• Well yes and no. You do have a right to appreciate the cleanliness of your doctors office! No doubt about it! But I wouldn't necessarily blame it on the medi- cal. Especially now a days people are trying to save some money and these sort of offices are running over with patients! But you are doing the right thing by asking what insurance they accept because it is your preference! Do like I do, if you do find an office and one day it is filthy tell somebody! After all you are paying some of the bills to keep that place going! Look at it as you have invested in that practice and they should accomidate you and your family!
    cgonzales542

Answer by cgonzales542 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Ok what is medi-cal or what ever you said you mean medicaid?????? That sounds like a personal problem cause I have a medicaid doctor and he is wonderful and makes sure that my son gets the best care not too mention hes such a nice man. Get over yourself, its all in your head. Any doctor could have a dirty office you would be suprized what some of the doctors you go to do in there off time.
    Anonymous

• Are medi-cal patients less human in some way??

Anonymous

• I go to a ped who USED to take medicaid and the office is never dirty. They took it when I was a kid and stopped taking it while I worked for them. There is nothing wrong with choosing a dr based on how clean the office is. The offices near me that do accept state ins are usually very run down on the outside of the building. Choose a dr that you like a feel comfortable with not based on what insurance they take.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2010