Pregnancy Tests?

So I recently took a preg test but I bought it from the dollar store for a buck. I usually use the walmart brand kind that have three in a pack that you just pee on the stick but this on you had to pee in a cup and drop three drops on the preg stick. I was just wondering if you would buy a walmart brand just to be sure or trust the results of a dollar store one? It turned out negative but I am still wondering if the dollar store one is accurate enough to go off of?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol they r all the same lol
    Anonymous

• From what i have understood-- some are more sensitive then others to detect the hormone they are looking for. I did some research when i got pregnant and found the CVS one had good reviews (and i actually buy nothing at CVS, but went there just for this. BUT if it has been a week or so from your last period- I believe any test should do
    BLB329

Answer by BLB329 at 1:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• It is accurate if you are more than a week late in my experience.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• i will only use the digital read out test from now on. i found out i was preg with my daughter from the dollar store test. i also took 4 cvs test that all said positive when i wasnt preg. it is true that 1 in 4 women can misread the traditional double lines test. your best bet is to use the digital read out, they are more expensive but worth it to know for sure. GL
    proudmamma01220

Answer by proudmamma01220 at 5:25 PM on Feb. 26, 2010