How many boxes have/will you buy?

girl scout cookie time!

SO far we have bought 4 boxes! I have got to stop! that's 14 in cookies! I mean do you know how many Oreo's that could buy? lol. It's for a good cause right? :0)

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 12:57 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• IS IT THAT TIME AGAIN!!!!!!! I havent seen one Girl scout either dang it all!!!!!
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 1:02 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Yeah it is an expensive cause.
    Anonymous

• at least 4 boxes - hubs and i do not like the same kind and he thinks a sleeve of Thin Mints is one serving...I know I compare the price of GSC's to regular cookies every year - yeah it is for a good cause
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 1:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• We bought three boxes last week and so far I have only eaten 6 cookies, which is great because last year I would have eaten them all in two days:p
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• You know used to I loved to get Girl Scout Cookies cause the little girls really appreciated the gesture! A little girl would come up to me at the park or at my sons school and shyly ask if I would like a box. I bought one every time, not necessarily cause I liked the cookies, but because it would excited the little girl so much that she, herself had made a sale! But now it seems to have turned into a competition between moms! I have seen advertisements pasted on cars and here they even rent out places to sell the cookies! The little girls don't understand what is going on but the mothers seem to take it on as a business! Back then I would most definately say it was not a waste of money but now a days I believe it is a waste cause it teaches the little girls the wrong way to succeed!

cgonzales542

Answer by cgonzales542 at 1:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• See everyone says there expensive but 3.50 a box isnt bad to me. I have already bought 3 boxes and there on the way right now! My favorite are the short bread cookies I think there called folies or somthing and then husband and toddler like the thin mints. There all soooooo good.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:08 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• 18 boxes. (All but 4 went to Afghanistan, though. Hubby's there and he was sharing them out in the office. The other 4 were Thin Mints for me and the kids.)
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 1:15 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I usually buy 4-6 boxes but I haven't purchased any so far this year. I have not seen them so I didn't even realize it was that time of year. Nobody at work is selling them for a child this year. And maybe it is the times I am picking to go to the store but this is the first year I haven't seen a group parked out front. It is a good cause to support but I think my hips are grateful to not have them in the house right now!!

happy

MJmom892

Answer by MJmom892 at 1:17 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I no longer support or participate in either Girl or Boy scouts. Bopys scouts discriminate. Girl Scouts support Planned Parenthood. The number one abortion provider in the US. So zero boxes of cookies and zero packages of popcorn. Whatever happened to Campfire Girls?
    Anonymous

• the thin mints are always the first to go, so by the time i got around to buying them i got stuck with some crappy peanut butter junk. I just gave them a $5
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2010