what do you think about home schooling?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Homeschooling is definitely not for everyone. And that's okay. Personally I love it. Children learn at their own pace --some faster , some slower, and with classes in ballet, music, etc, and homeschool groups, as well as church and scouting, most hs'rs get plenty of socialization. I'm friends with public school teachers and I remember some of my own. They, like moms, use answer keys when grading. The only differences are paid teachers were taught classroom management and the size of the class is smaller. But to each her own. Why bash a mom who is doing what she thinks is best for her family just as you are doing? If we were all the same this would be a boring world. : )
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 3:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• its only for some
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• i think its sad for the children. i think they need to socialize and i think they get a better education by someone with a college degree in education.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:23 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• i'm not a fan. children develop their social skills in school, with no social skills they'll never make it in the real world. not to mention kids need friends and where do you meet friends...in school
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• A bunch of HS Nazis (yes, I said it) are about to come defend their self as the best possible mother, with the most well adjusted child on the face of the planet...

In truth, I believe that it should be illegal.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I think that you will give your kid a much better education when its a one on one,but i think homeschooling is only good if you know lots of kids doing it so they can socialize,when you remove your kid from the world and have them alone its not healthy,while their brains are way smarter than any kid in regular school,they dont know how to act,so unless you know a large amount of kids that are homeschooled that they can hang out with and do activities with i wouldnt do it at all.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Public school "socialization" doesn't resemble anything in the real world. How many of you have had a job where ALL of your co-workers are the same age as you are, and you aren't allowed to speak to them except for a half hour at recess and/or lunchtime? When I was in school, I was told MANY times by my teachers, " You're not here to socialize, you're here to learn. " It doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to me to send my kids to school to "socialize" when they're not allowed to.

I'm not going to try and defend myself or my children. I don't have to. If you don't want to homeschool, then don't do it, but make sure you are informed about it before you start spouting off things like "Homeschooling should be illegal" and "Homeschooling is sad for the children."
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 1:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Based on the poor grammar and spelling of some of these responses, I truly am GLAD you don't homeschool.
    Anonymous

• i posted the question. im not against homeschooling. but it definitely isnt for me. i am actually surprised at the responses i got. i think whatever works for a particular family is best for that family. i am sure there are both pros and cons in either situation.
    Anonymous

• I wish those kids who disrupt class and don't really want to be there would be homeschooled.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:47 PM on Feb. 25, 2010