do you shave before going to the gyno?

i dont shave very often, but i do occasionally and i shaved yesterday but i have an obgyn appt tomorrow and i have stubble and red bumps from where the hair is growing in that i am embarassed about haha. have any of you gone to the gyno looking like that???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yep.. when i was pregnant i really stopped caring about the state of my vagina... it was never the same
    Anonymous

• no, i always shave and keep it up, so it doesn't really matter. btw, a tip for getting rid of the bumps..... put on some fragrance free gentle deoderant after you shave.... works like a charm. learned that from cm lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• No I'm the opposite! I have a gyno appt today and I don't shave. I just made sure I washed really good! I was just thinking about this when I was in the shower. Does anyone else get ready for the gyno like they are getting ready for a date?! Making sure "down below" is presentable?Of course I don't mean a first date but one where you might be getting lucky. And for the gyno, so there isn't anything embarassing going on down there!
    Anonymous

• i groom it every shower. and def before gyno or if i think i might be getting some love later that night. haha.
    Anonymous

• Nope. I trim, but I do not, and will not shave. My husband doesn't care. He doesn't shave either. My hair grows so fast, that it's not worth the hour of smoothness over the ensuing stubble and days of itch. I did have the same situation you did and it was embarassing. I would have rather went there with a disco bush than razor bumps and stubble.
    Anonymous

• No. I never do. I bet the Gynos are laughing at all the very young women who shave.This is a fad. It is not necessary to shave, God gave you hair there for a reason. I wouldn't shave it. Ask your "Gyno" ....gynecologist....what they think,OK?
    Anonymous

• @ anon :49--I totally agree with you. I would rather have pubic hair than pustules, pimples, and a 5 o'clock shadow. Yeah I know the Gyno has seen everything, but I don't want the doctor seeing my vag in that condition. I'm in a vulnerable state as it is.
    Anonymous

• LOL!! It is like getting ready for a date...you take extra care to wash beyond well RIGHT BEFORE, and carry little wipes with you for the bathroom just in case...def. trim or shave..or TAME the bush lol...this reminds me of the FWD i got about the lady who washed before her apointment with a washcloth her kid used to clean up glitter! (looked like she was throwing her GYNO a party)!! HA! funny things we do...most women also hide their bras and panties in their clothes too!! Find that really funny, there investigating your private areas, but you hide your panties!!!
    Anonymous

• I wax or trim. But once I get far into my pregnancy I just let it go. I can't get down there to groom and well, I can't see it! :-P
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 2:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• i always shave..even during pregnancy..
    snakesNsnails

Answer by snakesNsnails at 2:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2010