1 year old with black tarry poop?

Has this happened to your baby? I read it could be blood in her stool. I'm taking her to the doctor but couldn't get an appt. until two hours from now! I'm so nervous.

danielp

Asked by danielp at 1:41 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• has she eaten anything out of the norm lately? i think if it were blood you would definitely see red spots or the poopy would be red altogether. try not to woory too much about it if your child is not in pain. Good luck at the drs appt!
    Anonymous

• Red blood would present if there were a tear, such as from passing a hard stool. Dark, tarry stools can indicate blood, and it's good that you're bringing him in. Try not to worry too much, as it could also be nothing. Has he eaten anything different lately? Taken any medications? Been sick? Let me know what the doctor says.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2010