What do you say to someone who ask you to borrow money all the time?

I say No! But he isn't getting the point! Every week he calls me to borrow $10-20 till he gets paid! I'm a SAHM and have money in the bank but not to give away to people who are irresponsible with their money!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• just keep saying no.... he'll get the point sooner or later (well later i guess lol)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• say just that. no. if he isnt managing his money better, then offer to help him make a budget.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 1:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I would also say NO and if he kept calling, every week, I'd stop answering his calls.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Get a job or a better one if the one they have don't pay well enough for him to keep borrowing money.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Just tell him you don't have any money. Leave it at that. I had this problem with my relatives, but it was $50 here, $80 bucks there. I finally told them I don't have any money, and they stopped calling to borrow money. Now, they send ME money, without me asking for it. I guess they're trying to pay me back for all the loans.
    Anonymous

• tell them your broke
    aliciaDnewman25

Answer by aliciaDnewman25 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Quit answering the phone..let them leave you voicemails..and tell them you would appreciate them calling more often to check on you and the kids, not just to "borrow" money....cant stand it!!! UGGG People come at SO and I for money ALL the time, and were not in the brightest of situations..ive likely cursed at some of his family members over it!
    Anonymous

• You call him and tell him that you're in need of money at the moment and you were wondering if he had some loose change or so
    Anonymous

• Screen your calls.
    Anonymous

• Either don't answer. Or pick up the phone and say is this about you borrowing money? When he says YES, say no and quickly hang up. When someone is a user, you have to be short with them because they refuse to accept your answer over and over. Some may even get nasty with you saying things like; you're selfish, greedy etc... just because they're used to getting what they want out of others. No is not something they easily accept either so; once you understand how these types work, you will not feel bad when you tell them NO, and quickly end the conversation.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 2:04 PM on Feb. 25, 2010