Good heartbeat bad yolk sac what can i expect

i went in at 6 weeks and 3 days my doc said he was worried because my yolk sac wasn't round like its supposed to be and i might loose my baby. But he said the heart beat was very good for this stage. i have to go back on march 4th. Anything will help thank you so much. I'll make sure to keep you updated. Thank you again.

AshM2010

Asked by AshM2010 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry I don't really know anything about that, but I wanted to wish you luck. Try to think as positive as you can and not worry to much (I know easier said then done).
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 3:42 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• When I had a very early U/S for the twins...around the same stage as you....my RE said one had a really slow heart rate and very large yolk sac. He then told me that "for now" I was carrying twins, and that one had a 95% chance of having a genetic defect. I went through the next few weeks waiting for CVS testing. The results came back with no genetic problems for either baby. That 95% chance of defect baby is now sitting on my couch with his twin brother enjoying his dinner and is sweet and smart.

That early, they don't have enough studies to show how a yolk sac ultimately determines how a pregnancy will go. Sure,there could be a real issue going on. It's just too early to know. Do your best to hold onto positive thoughts and take one day at a time. You have a good heartbeat. Focus on that! Worry only when you know for sure that you have something to worry about.

Best wishes!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Sorry for taking so long to wright back. I just wanted to let everyone knoe the baby is doing fine. Thanks for all you support.
    AshM2010

Answer by AshM2010 at 5:41 AM on Mar. 8, 2010