When I buy grapes at the grocery store I usually try one...is that stealing?

Or my little one cries for some. One day I got caught by a priest walking in the produce department and he winked at me! I was so embarrased! I always buy them....come on it's only 1 grape!

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 2:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i think if u only try one out of a couple of bags, that is fine. i kno i dont wanna buy some then get home and find out they taste nasty or that they are over ripe.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 2:04 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Yep it is! It belongs to the store until you pay for it... that's stealing!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• If you buy it, then it's not stealing. Anyway, I don't see it as a big deal. I really don't see them making an arrest over it. LOL
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• one grape wouldn't make the difference since the price is based on lbs. one grape weighs what less than an ounce lol. i always let my kids eat a doughnut and then tell the checkout lady to ring up a doughnut.... it's not a biggie imo. but you might want to think about them being dirty.... can't really wash them in the store
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Grapes are usually sold by weight, so if you eat a few they will weigh less and you pay les = stealing (if you only eat one it probably won't affect the weight or cost, but if you eat several or give several to your kids it could). It is also gross. You need to but the grapes first amd then take them home and wash them before you or your kids eat them.
    Anonymous

• Yes it is stealing Buy it first then eat one.

Answer by louise2 at 2:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• If you go to the produce section and talk to the person working there, say you've never had a certain kind of pear, they will cut it for you to try it, so why can't you try a grape out of the bunch? You're making sure you like the way they taste.
    Anonymous

• Ew, pesticides and germs!
    Happypancake

Answer by Happypancake at 2:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• So I should be able to open a can of food in the store, or a bag of bread, and eat some just to see if I like it before I buy it. Then if I do not like it just put it back on the shelf?

Answer by louise2 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• louise2 I'm talking about GRAPES not cans of food or bread! Duh!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2010