what age do you start exersaucers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We used ours when my son was about 4 months. He loved it. We didn't use it a lot, but every morning it was a life saver while I took a shower and got ready. He used it for that purpose until he was 2!!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 3:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• when they can support their weight with help and hold their head up steadily for a few mins at a time, if they havent mastered holding the head up, i would put a small pillow behind the neck and in the front just so its not bouncing around.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 2:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I started mine between 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 months. They need to have very good contol of their head/neck. Also, when you first start you may need to add a pillow for back support and be sure to limit time spent in the excersaucer to very short periods.
    Anonymous

• I think mine specified 4 mos. It might depend on the brand, and of course, on how well your baby holds his/her head up.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Around 4 months, they might be ready earlier, it depends on the kid.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• The age it says on the box unless your baby has some muscular or breathing problem that could complicate things. Then ask a doc.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I hate exersaucers, but if I were to use one I wouldn't use it until baby could sit up quite well..before that they get tired fast and it puts way to much pressure on their spines and hits to be in a sitting position like that for too long. I say if you have to prop a baby or they list to one side, they aren't ready.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:19 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Never. It just delays them from crawling, standing, and walking. They take up a ton of room too. My SIL gave us one and it has stayed in the attic through three babies now.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• it was around 4mos or so with my son
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 5:54 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• As soon as they can control their head well I put a rolled up towel around the front of them and let them play in it for a bit. Oh and my son started walking real well at around 10 months. Kids will hit milestones when they are ready.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:25 PM on Feb. 25, 2010