wth is up with my dd??

last night for the first time since 6 months she woke up in the middle of the night. she was screaming bloody murder so i went in to check on her. i don't know if she had a bad dream, or what. anyway, i ended up taking her into our bed, hoping she'd fall asleep. nnoo...lil' miss wide awake stayed up until 4am, when i finally said screw it and put her back in her room and let her cry herself back to sleep. she was up by 730. now it's naptime, and she's still wide awake!!! you'd THINK she'd be super tired...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• teething probably. She might be in pain. I wouldn't let her cry, poor baby.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:41 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• well yeah she's teething but it's not like i don't give her something for the pain...
    Anonymous

• OMg. . how old is she? My son did this after being sick when he was 2.. just turned 2 i mean. and that was 4 months ago and he hasn't slept through the night since.. he has nightmares.. not terrors thank goodness though. and I am not sure why cause he doesn't watch TV - some of them have been about his shoes..lol! I ended up crawling in with him to calm him and have been on and off sleeping with him ever since.. ugh.. good luck. I feel like he's an infant again. 2 nights ago he woke every 2 hours. I can't let him cry either, my husband works nights, he is in a big bed and will just come find me and I dont' want to NOT go to him if they are a bad dream... but now I don't know if I am making it a habit either.. however the times are varying most nights.. ugh.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• she's 19 months. DH had to wake up at 5am so a couple hours after she made a point she wasn't going back to sleep he went and slept on the couch. he was super tired so he slept through her crying when i finally put her back down. scared him half to death when he came into the room for his clothes and she wasn't on the bed, therefore scaring me half to death when he woke me up in a panic asking me where she was...our bed is pretty high so her falling off would not be a good thing.

But she hasn't been sick or been having nightmares or anything like that. last night is the first time i let her sleep with a toy, (besides her teddy bear), i wonder if that had anything to do with it. i used to let my son sleep with toys and he'd just wake up and play with them, giving me an extra 30min to do whatever that morning...
    Anonymous

• My son (turned 2 in Nov) has been doing the same thing!! He used to be such a good sleeper. I think part of his waking up may be him wetting his diaper- even though he refuses to consider potty training, I think his wetness wakes him up. It is awful because he always crawls into bed on my side- so my husband gets a full nights sleep while I (39 weeks preg) am getting somewhere between 3 and 4 hours a night.
    Grr. My 2 year old is such a bed hog and a snorer! He won't go back to sleep unless I lie in his bed by him or let him stay in our bed. My back aches too much to repeatedly put him into his room and I dont' want to wake up my husband because he works 50 hours a week (and I am out on leave).
    Anonymous