If Adam and Eve were created at the same time as all the animals on earth, then why weren't they eaten by dinosaurs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• well, if you're going to follow that vein of thought, believers would say that its b/c dinosaurs never existed and what evidence you find is something to the effect of a trick the devil is playing on us? I know, its nuts, but this is what I've been repeatedly told. Some people have a hard time accepting that their faith system may not be perfect and wasn't exactly intended to be a science book. I guess God doesn't mention anything about using common sense in their version of the bible...
    Anonymous

• maybe because the dinosaurs were vegetarian before the fall of sin in the garden and then maybe God likes to keep somethings for himself to know.
    Anonymous

• because when God made the animals, he made them all vegetarians. no, i'm not joking. before Eve ate of the fruit of the tree, there was no death, nor dying. everything on earth was perfect. if there was no death or dying before they ate the fruit, then we come to the conclusion that a) scientists are wrong on their timeline of dinosaurs before man, and b) they had to eat something, so veggies it was.

Before i get the "bashing" of others about scientists not being wrong, the great flood messed with the earth's crust which obviously could mess with timelines, adding dirt/rock/sediment onto "graves" making them seem as if they were older.

all of this, of course, only the believers of Christ, the bible, and the flood will believe.
    Anonymous

• They weren't created at the same time, but different days in God's time line. Nonetheless, someone can look back 1 million years from now and wonder why we weren't eaten by lions and tigers and bears (oh my!).
    Anonymous

• haha your question put a very vivid picture of leaf-laden ppl running from dinosaurs...very funny haha

ive heard so many different answers for this, from "dinosaurs were never real/trick of Satan" to "they didnt live near ppl" to "scientists dont know how to put them together" etc. i know the Bible lists some animals that were considered dino sized, but its possible that they are similar to the Lochness monster or Bigfoot.

i wouldnt be surprised if you get lots of "God protected them" answers. that was my first thought anyways.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• There are many theologians and scholars who believe that the story of Adam and Eve isn't meant to be taken literally, who believe its a figurative story meant to explain a greater truth - that its meant to explain the human condition, not to offer a literal account of historic events. I hold this opinion myself, as well.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• "They weren't created at the same time, but different days in God's time line"

even if it was 6,000 years he used to create the earth, there was no death nor dying until after adam and eve ate of the fruit, so the dionasaurs were there with them.
    Anonymous

• To Anon 3:30: I am Anon 2:58 and I said what I said because OP said "If Adam and Eve were created at the same time..." not for any other reason. geez
    Anonymous

• Adam and Eve came after all other animals (Genesis1:21,24,26).

Genesis simply states the general order of creation. It allows for many millenniums in six creative eras, or “days,” to prepare the earth for human habitation. Some dinosaurs (and pterosaurs) may have been created in the fifth 'day', when the Jehovah made “flying creatures” and “great sea monsters.” Perhaps other types of dinosaurs were created in the sixth era. But, when dinosaurs had fulfilled their purpose, God ended their life. The Bible is silent on how he did that or when. Yet, we can be sure they were no mistake and no product of evolution.

That they suddenly appear in the fossil record unconnected to any fossil ancestors & disappear without leaving connecting fossil links, is evidence against the view that such animals gradually evolved over millions of years of time. Fossil record harmonizes with the Bible’s view of creative acts of God.
    Greymulkin

Answer by Greymulkin at 6:50 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• OM, I have no idea to the answer to your question but it sure made me LOL!!!
    Mommah3

Answer by Mommah3 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 26, 2010