OCD and Tourettes syndrom

Can anyone tell me if they know rather or not OCD and tourettes syndrom is heridatary.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Health

• From my research on the subject, I would say there is a connection. My son has Tourette's & I have OCD. My mother also had OCD. There is a great book by David Comings that discusses many aspects of the heredity of these & other related disorders. It's called "Tourette Syndrome and Human Behavior".
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 2:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Hi Lisa I sent you an e-mail and I am hoping you got it. Thanks for your answer.
    Julie0039

Answer by Julie0039 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• You're welcome. I sent you a reply.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 6:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• You think OCD is a disorder? I don't think there is a connection.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 7:54 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Godswk: Let's see now...O...Obsesive...C...Compulsive...D...DISORDER....SO is OCD a "disorder"? Hmmmm...maybe if it were something else there wouldnt be DISORDER in the name of it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• How about Touretts, I asked about that too. Could you answer that question. People dont have to be so rude.
    Julie0039

Answer by Julie0039 at 7:37 AM on Feb. 27, 2010