popular name...

The name I have decided on for my daughter (born in a few days- hopefully) is one of the top 15 of the last 3 years. Does your child have a super popular name- do you? Do you feel like having 3-4 other girls with the same name in your class negatively effected your life in anyway? Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have a popular name for my age group. I wouldnt say it annoyed me that there were many others with my name. I have one son who has a some what popular name. I didnt know it would be as popular as it became when I named him. One year there were 3 others in his class with the same name. He was annoyed about that just like I was. It sucks to have to go by your name & last initial all the time in school. I always wished I had a less popular name.
    Anonymous

• My name (Amy) was the most popular name the year I was born, and the second most popular of the decade (Jennifer was #1). Growing up and through college I hated it, but now that I am grown up I like it. I hated it growing up because I often had to use my first name plus the first letter of my last name to identify myself. I often wished my parents had given me a little less common name (mine seemed so ordinary and boring). As an adult dealing with people of all ages, my name is not overly common, but everyone recognizes it and know how to say it.

Anonymous

• My daughter's name is Sophia. She isn't in school yet so it can't really affect her that much yet. When I was in school my name was pretty popular (Lauren) but it really didn't bother me that there were at least 3 other Lauren's in my grade alone.
    Anonymous

• My name is Abbey, I only knew 1 other Abbey and she didn't go to my school. I liked it.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 3:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• When we were picking names I immediately excluded anything in the top 25, I'm not a fan of popular names, that's not to say that some of those names aren't beautiful though....just personally, I didn't want my kid to go through school as Emily B. or Olivia B. or Ava #2.... kwim?

Which name did you pick? You are anon, so spill! =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:17 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• When I was a kid, it bothered me a little to have 6 Jennifers in class. Yes, 6 in the same HS class. Funny huh? Now, I know I really dodged a bullet because I'd rather be one of 6 million Jennifers than have a completely weird and made up name. Very few people spell my name wrong and it is always pronounced correctly. Also, I loved being able to find pencils and other things with my name on it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:10 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I have a super popular name as do my husband and all my kids. I went with names i loved for my kids and didn't let the popularity stop me. It never really bother me or my husband.
    theladybugscafe

Answer by theladybugscafe at 9:42 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Op here. Were going w lily
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Feb. 26, 2010