If Christians are so upset about the "homosexual lifestyle," shouldn't they donate more money to find a medical cure for gayness?

The majority of gayness research funding comes from the gay community. Are Christians being hypocrites?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ha ha... good question.

It'd be a lost cause because there is no cure. They are born this way. There is research going on with Identical twins, one gay, one straight. It is telling them a lot, like they've noticed in some, somewhere along the genes, something is switched off. It's still in need of much more research.

A fav. quote of mine just for fun:

Christians are against abortions, christians are against homosexuals. Who has less abortions than homosexuals?

Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 3:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I believe too, that they are born this way. That said, if God is so against homosexuality, why did he allow people to be born like that? Also, if you are a true Christian, you understand that it's not your place to be against homosexuality because only GOD is supposed to judge.
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 3:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• "The majority of gayness research funding comes from the gay community."

Which is why they come up with the results that they do.

I'm a Christian who believes that any sexual activity outside of a heterosexual married relationship is a sin. I'm not going to try to find a cure for homosexuality any more than I am going to find a cure for teenagers hormonal sex drives. I'm not going to stand up and say someone shouldn't have those urges. It's what a person does about it that counts, and that is personal choice. Just like it's someone's choice to drink too much alcohol (which can be genetic), to be a jerk, or smoke. The only way to "cure" any of those things is for people to change their choices and habits, with God's help. I eat too much, but I'm not going to go out in a parade trying to get everyone around me to "accept" over eating as a way of life.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't want to cure what people feel, I would only want them to make choices about what they're going to do or not do with those feelings.

...and as far as people making "christian" choices for what they'll do or not do with their feelings (sexual, non-sexual, whatever) that isn't really a medical thing.
    Anonymous

• I believe homosexuality is natural and has no "cure". I feel people should just let homosexuals be themselves and stop worrying about what they do or trying to "fix" them. I also don't believe homosexuality is a sin, and I believe we should respect who they are as who God created them to be.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• prolly cause those kinda Christians dont want to find out that its not some sort of disease (like it use to be in the 70s) or that it is genetic. plus, im pretty sure giving money to homosexual research would be "wrong" cause it may further the "gay agenda" haha

Skepticchick, i love that quote!!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:17 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Just because someone is born with something, does that automatically make it ok? We're born with tendencies to all kind of bad habits!

Also, if you don't like the way your teenager drives, does that mean you are being mean and judgemental? Separate the person from the activity, please!
    Anonymous

• You would think they could find a better use for those funds...like...oh I dunno..."curing" all the chid molesters in their ranks...JMO
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:19 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• rolling on floor

Anonymous

• There is a cure, it only costs $0.00 and the effects are priceless! The cure is salvation through Jesus Christ! It's a free gift but it's up to the recipient to accept it. And no, don't tell me how some practicing homosexual is saved because all examples of those who Jesus forgave, they repented of their sins and turned away> from them. Truly accepting Jesus Christ results in a heart change, you put away your old flesh and He dwells within you. You'll want to follow, please and obey Him and his word.

There is hope, there is a cure, won't you give your life and cares to Jesus today?
    Anonymous