For creationists--why haven't any of you found any rabbit fossils in the Cambrian layers?

All that is necessary to show that evolution is wrong is to find some fossils of mammals (or even flowering plant fossils) in the Cambrian-era fossil beds (like the Burgess Shale). So why don't you creationists go out and dig up these fossils and publish your scientific findings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The in-laws are new-earth creationists. They have explained to me that carbon dating is wrong and faulty science. They also say that science is a religion so science can't explain their faith or even support it. Fossils apparently are tricks of the devil designed to test the faithful.

People of faith with this type of belief don't change no matter what argument you throw at them. They are very very happy sticking with their ideas. They have a faith-based explanation for everything. Their religion is strong, and they can't be shaken. It's a futile attempt to poke holes in their beliefs.

It's okay to practice tolerance and just let them feel this way. It doesn't harm your belief to the contrary.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I'm personally an old-earth creationists, so I don't care.
    Anonymous

• Fossils were planted in ground by Satan to test our faith, at least that is what creationists tell me, but I think they are a little nuts.
    Anonymous

• sleep

Anonymous

• surprisedr u trying 2 say there is no Easter Bunny?

Anonymous

• For you evoheads, why don't you explain to me how an explosion creates life because the last time I checked (Hiroshima for example) explosions or Big Bangs, if you will, destroys life!
    Anonymous

• "Fossils apparently are tricks of the devil designed to test the faithful. "

i keep hearing this said, but i don't know any creationists who believe that!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

ME NEITHER. I'm sure someone, somewhere has said this - but I've never heard it.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 4:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• "i keep hearing this said, but i don't know any creationists who believe that!"

DITTO!
    Anonymous

• Well, if you'd like to meet my FIL, he'll explain the dinosaur bones and the devil to you. Maybe he's the only person in the world that thinks this. MIL has a BA degree in religious ed that she got from some Christian school. She's all about the devil and the dinosaur bones too. Maybe for the cafemoms I should ask her for some scripture on this?

BTW-- I really love my in-laws even if we have vastly different faiths.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:23 PM on Feb. 25, 2010