WHAT?!

Ok please explain these verses to me please I will post below.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Anonymous

• Jesus isn't such a good person after all, eh?
    Anonymous

• http://www.amazingfacts.org/Radio/BibleAnswersLiveQuestionArchive/tabid/212/Default.aspx

This guy doug batchelor is really good at answering Bible questions from the Bible. I've listened to him, and I'm always amazed at his clear, Bible-based answers. I'd be curious what he'd have to say about this text!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:06 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• curious how or why you feel Jesus was not a good person from these verses - He was simply telling his disciples how He teaches - in parables so people understand better.
    New2Florida

Answer by New2Florida at 4:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Not so they understand better. So that the "outsiders" don't figure it out and be forgiven.

1He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12so that, " 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!

Anonymous

• you are interpreting this wrong. Jesus wanted all to believe.
    New2Florida

Answer by New2Florida at 4:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• How else can that be interpreted without doing some major twisting?
    Anonymous

• Also--he wanted all to believe? ok, I can roll with that. But this passage is based on the "secret of the kingdom of god" and outsiders being forgiven. That is on a much different level than simple belief.
    Anonymous

• The Message puts it plainly what it says:
    Mark 4:11-12 (The Message)

10-12When they were off by themselves, those who were close to him, along with the Twelve, asked about the stories. He told them, "You've been given insight into God's kingdom—you know how it works. But to those who can't see it yet, everything comes in stories, creating readiness, nudging them toward receptive insight. These are people—

Whose eyes are open but don't see a thing,
    Whose ears are open but don't understand a word,
    Who avoid making an about-face and getting forgiven."
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Thats your opinion.... I have mine,... I use is ALONG side with Nasb ect. :-) I used it here to give it a perspective and to break it down better because SOMETIMES other versions are harder to understand for some people and they NEED the simple english language to do this.. It IS a bible for some just as NIV, NASB, NLT and so forth.
    It is what I call a paraphrase bible... not a translation bible. Still its a bible :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2010