How much should a five month old be eating?

My DS Noah is five months old now and before he would eat one jar of prunes and one bottle of formula. Lately however he cries and whines after breakfast and I am wondering if he may still be hungry. So this morning I gave him his usual prunes and then I gave him a small bowl of pureed hard boiled eggs and barley and he seemed to be much happier. So Again how much should a five month old be eating?

angeljosh

Asked by angeljosh at 1:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what you gave him sounds good especially if he seemed happier...my son was eating a fruit mixed with cereal and a bottle for breakfast at that age...then lunch and dinner too
    Elizabeth1015

Answer by Elizabeth1015 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• What you're doing sounds good to me... visit www.babycenter.com to see what the "recommended" amount of food is for a baby that age. Some babies eat more, some eat less.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2008