What can I eat to settle my twins down?

I am 16 weeks pregnant with twins and they always move around, not giving me anytime to sleep. My friend told me i can eat things to calm them down... i just don't know what to eat?! PLEASE HELP!!!

oh_shelia.c

Asked by oh_shelia.c at 3:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's more what NOT to eat. No caffeine, nothing sweet. Juice gets my baby going every time.

You'll have to wait it out. Right now most of their motion is reflex-- they have no muscle control of their own. In about 5 more weeks they'll start exploring each other with more control. They will respond more to your diet and movement. I find drinking a big glass of water and walking up and down the stairs a few times calms things down.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• You should NOT consume anything with alcohol, sugar or caffeine - yes, this includes chocolate :-( . Foods that give you gas can also upset your baby. You could try herbal teas and soothing music to help calm your little one.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2010