Question about Adam and Eve

First, let me say I am HONESTLY curious about this, and I am NOT trying to start anything, so let's be adult here. If we all came from Adam and Eve, according to the Bible, wouldn't that make us all products of incest? If not, where did all the other people come from? Its been a while since I have read the Bible, but I don't remember it saying anything about God just randomly placing other people around. I could easily be wrong, but I thought we were all supposed to have spawned from Adam and Eve? Like I said, not trying to start anything, I just honestly want to know.

EvaSerenity

Asked by EvaSerenity at 4:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• This is a great question. The bible really says that Cain went aay to Nod and had intercoourse with his wife (or knew his wife). It doesnt say that he MET his wife in Nod. Gen 4:16,17

Gen 3:20 Declares Eve to be the mother of all living things. So all humans were to be the offspring of A and E.

So yes, incest.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:11 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• i often thought about this as well, since you are right, after God created Adam, then Eve the bible only talks about the birth of their 2 sons Cain and Able. so my assumption was Eve had to procreate with her sons???
    New2Florida

Answer by New2Florida at 4:02 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• The bible clearly states that Cain went off and married some woman from another tribe of people living in the area. Obviously, Adam and Eve were not the only people on Earth.

I have heard Christian arguments on this though...they say that just because the bible say Adam and Eve were the FIRST people god created, doesn't mean they were the ONLY ones he created...
    Anonymous

• As anon says, the conclusion that I have come to when wondering about this is that there were other people created also.

Answer by Bmat at 4:04 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• But why doesn't the Bible (that I know of) mention anything about God having created other people?
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 4:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I personally believe that there were already primitive people on this earth when "god" and his "angels" came down in their spaceship intent on colonizing the planet.
    Anonymous

• "I personally believe that there were already primitive people on this earth when "god" and his "angels" came down in their spaceship intent on colonizing the planet. "

LOL You crack me up!!!!!!!!
    New2Florida

Answer by New2Florida at 4:11 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• You know, you read a little Jan Austen and her contemporaries and you see how marrying first cousins was a very societal norm until not so long ago in a modern western country...

...I guess I wouldn't really be shocked or surprised if we all had some inter-family marriages in our family ancestry in a much more recent past than Adam and Eve.
    Anonymous