Newborn afraid of the dark?

is it possible? my dd sleeps very well during the day in her crib but at night she is up all the time i dont think she sleeps for 15 minutes.

fenska87

Asked by fenska87 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, it is possible. All 3 of my DD's were/are.
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 4:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Newborns really do not have a frame of reference for fear of the dark yet - they don't know what scary is since they have never seen frightening movies, etc. It is more likely that her sleeping pattern has adjusted for better daytime sleep. Try to keep her up more during the day and she will be tired enough to sleep during night time hours. When it is time to put her down for the night, feed her then give her a warm bath; turn down the lights and rock her, cuddle until she begins to drift off. Put her into her crib, then gently rub her arm, back, etc. until she is sleeping. If you make it a routine, she will be able to adjust her sleep pattern to night hours. Depending on her age, however, she will still need night time feeding, just repeat the routine (less the bath) and let her get used to it.
    .
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• she sleeps good in a poppy pillow would it be bad to lay her in there and put it in the crib?
    fenska87

Answer by fenska87 at 5:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I was letting my baby sleep in her boppy pillow during the day up until two months. She is three months tomorrow and I don't do it anymore since she can turn on her side and move around more.
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 5:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• gelii what about at night? did you let her sleep in it while in her crib at night?
    fenska87

Answer by fenska87 at 10:19 PM on Feb. 25, 2010