child support

Does anyone think it's fair that my husband is stuck with a 633.00 child support for 1 child when he has been paying his EX 150.00 because that's all she asked for when she caused a big scene with his chain of command. He provides all the medical insurace for that kid. He doesnt even know if the child is his but he stepped up and took resposibility.The child mom don't want to settle with 350.00 a month with medical insurace. she wants the money. she quit her job so she can get government assistant. My husband has another child and he gets only 150.00 from the mother and nothing else. I don't think it's fair. The state of TN is wanting to take 21 percent of his income and he only makes 23,000 a yr. My husband would never get approved for any loan if 21 % of his income goes to child support. His EX just don't want to leave us alone. She calls only when she wants money, she doesn't even offer us to speak with the child.

melba4

Asked by melba4 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Girlll.. I'm right there with you. My husband gives that lazy piece of nothing nealy 40 % of what he brings home!!!! I pay all the bills.. I pay for vacations and fun things.. I do EVERYTHING while he works his butt off to give her a damn check!!! All because he was an IDIOT when they divorced!!! I'm sorry, but no way in hell does it cost 600 a month to raise a child.. I know because I have 3 other children who barely get 100 a month spent on them because we pay so much for his child. It's not fair and you better tell him to stand up and do whats right for the family he is in NOW before it gets worse.
    Anonymous

• If he's ordered to pay it and he doesn't like it he can take it back to court and try to have it modified.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• the court does have a system as far as what they calculate for child support.

Anonymous

• Don't get involved with a man with children with other women if you don't want to have to deal with child support, visitation, courts, exes, eses' families, and all the other baggage. He shouldn't have made babies if he doesn't want to pay for them.

Each child should get the max support the court calculates, health insurance and other benefits. My ex paid for things like fees for sports, scouts, and other expenses. His wife bought them clothes to bring home and other nice things. She was a wonderful step-mom and they were devistated when she died unexpectedly of a heart attack.

We now have a grandson and my ex buys him new clothes and toys. I get nice things at yard sales and thrift shops, what I can afford. It helps my son and DIL. My son is going to college and my DIL doesn't have a very good job. My ex and I get just about everything for their toddler.

Be generous!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:47 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• It's not that my husband don't want to pay. The amount is just ridiculous. He has done nothing but provide everything for that child. We have free medical from the army and we added him on, and the child's mom decides she don't want it and wants food stamps and medical from the government. There are so many people who really needs government assistant, she didn't need it my husband was paying her and all the medical. I hope when we go to court will fight for whats right. His mom can work hard as much as we do instead of trying to get money from us to pay for her bills. Everything should be half and half. If she can't afford to raise him then we should get custody of the child. My husband could have been a dead beat dad and not work and have no income and disappear and she won't get nothing but instead he went a long way to make everything easier, so that he could move on with his life and she can just leave us alone.
    melba4

Answer by melba4 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• We pay $550 a fricken month for one child too. How the hell they come up with that damn amount is beyond me. We also pay for his medical and we have to pay 45% of all medical bills. We have our own DD who in now way get's $550 a month from us. How the hell could she. After they garnish my husbands wages to pay the Child support we get a lousy $982 from my husband I have to pay all the rest of the bills. It's crap. WTF! Sorry I just don't understand how the heck they come up with these numbers. Yet my dd suffers for it. My DH if he were on his own could not live off of $982 a month. They are stupid.
    Anonymous

• if guys don't want to pay child support then they should stop having children with people.

If you don't want to deal with it, find a man without children.
    boo hoo.
    Anonymous

• He's paying too much as a lower ranking military member. He needs to contact his base Legal department with his LES, her income, and the support order to see how much he should be paying.
    Anonymous

• As a single mom, I will say that I wish I got that much money. If he loves the kid so much and she's such a crappy mom, get custody of the kid.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes it is best to leave things alone you just might end up getting to pay even more if you start something.
    I am in the same boat as you the only time she calls is when she needs money I have two sk's they are sweethearts thank goodness but look at it this way I have an aquaintance who I talk to once in a blue moon but the latest was that her dh is paying for child support and auto insurance half of everything these kids do like nails, eyebrow wax, pedicures, braces I mean EVERYTHING this woman took him to the cleaners I mean there are some real witches out there I just can't wait for the day we send her her last check....PARTY!!!! Just hang in there it is going to be a very rough ride :(
    Oh and the thing that pisses me off is some woman here say ( WELL YOU KNEW HE HAD KIDS BEFORE YOU MARRIED HIM) I mean you hear it all of the time...As if we didn't know but you have to go through it to really think about it..oh well.
    Anonymous