Anyone had facet injections?

Long story short, the nurse anesthetist screwed up when giving me my epidural. Now I have constant back & leg pain from the irritated nerves in my spinal column. My doctor is recommending something called facet injections, but I'm scared to death to have needles in my back based on my previous experience with such things. Anyone have first-hand experience with this? What's your take on it? Was it helpful?

Mary229

Asked by Mary229 at 4:55 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Health

• I have never had a facet injection but I assume that you will be going to a neurologist for such a procedure. Ask him/her how many a year s/he has done and to explain the procedure from start to finish. I think you will feel more comfortable once you know that the person who will perform your procedure knows what s/he is talking about.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 5:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2010