How many over weight women lost a lot of weight and kept it off??

I have been on a weight loss journey and in a month i have lost 11 pounds I am so excited but at the same time I feel like its never going to happen, to be at my ideal weight that is. And i actually dont have an ideal weight just a goal and that is to be skinny again and that could be a different weight now than from when I was 20. Just curious how long other peoples journey to getting fit again took, i would love to hear your positive encourage stories!!

emleejanedom

Asked by emleejanedom at 5:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I lost over 30 lbs in about a year and have kept it off.
    sparkpeople.com helped me a lot with that.
    Anonymous

• I have checked out that website actually, thank you and confratulations!! I hope I can be successful like you!!
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 5:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I was 135lbs when I met and married my husband. After baby #1 I was 165lbs After baby #2 I was 180lbs Then I was a SAHM for a year and I got up to 197lbs. I was totally disgusted with myself. Then I got a part time job, we bought a house and moved, and I was happier and took SoloSlim (an all natural appetite suppressant.) I started dieting just by cutting out all the junk I ate like Fast food, Soda, Candy and chips, cakes and cookies, and I lost 33 lbs and I've kept it off. I'm still losing but It's slowed down to like a lb a week maybe. Look in my pics at my before and afters. lol. Suuuper embarrassing! And I was at my wits end! I had tried going to the gym for a month and I gained 3 lbs of muscle, and I was tired all the time and it was a huge inconvenience. Then I tried Atkins but couldn't stick to it. Then I tried Hydroxycut and lost like 4 lbs but then it got recalled. You just gotta find what works for you!!!
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 5:15 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• we are having a fitness challenge starting monday. We are all trying to lose a bit. i know i need to lose at least 15 i know i am short but im overweight for my size which sucks. i know its hard because my mom was 5 ft and 300 lbs at one time after 10 years she is finally at 160 and has to watch every move she makes toward food. i am trying to not let myself get like her.she started off a few pounds over like me and over the years just got worse and worse..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 6:08 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Well I started Weight Watchers in March of 2009. It's a long process, but it's the best way (in my opinion) to do it. You don't diet, you learn a new lifestyle. I weighed in then at 278 and I weighed in this morning at 215!!! I still have a long way to go, but I'm 6 ft 1/2 inch!!!! So, I'll never be 125!!! I'd be happy with 185! It's just nice to look back at pics and see such an amazing difference...it makes me so happy to know that I'm healthier and can do more with my kids!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 6:10 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I just started working out again a week ago. In that 7 days I have lost 7 lbs. That's a lb a day. Hopefully, I can keep it up. I love my new workout routine. P90X. It's hard, but it is so worth it.
    melittler

Answer by melittler at 9:49 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I started 1/4/10 and have lost 23 pounds!!! My goal is to loose 10 pounds a month in 2010. Bring the total to 123 pounds GONE GONE GONE!!!!!

pretty confident it will happen!!!
    pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 12:14 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• I lost 18 lbs and have kept it off. My store is here: http://planned-diet.com/isagenix-nutritional-cleansing/
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 1:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2010

• weight lifting and a low gi diet helped me lose 80 pounds. Weight lifting is amazing it helps tone you up and speed up your metabolism, so does water.
    jilliank1109

Answer by jilliank1109 at 7:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2010