Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


Called the doctor because son (who I think has reflux, but they won't test him) was hyperventilating (sp?) it's been an hour and they still haven't called back. Should I call them? They are about to close and I need answers! What should I say if I call them?


Asked by wahm_abbeyrose at 5:23 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 6 (104 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • Emergency room. Go. Now!

    Answer by neebug3766 at 5:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

  • Is he okay now? If he is having troubles still, take him to the er.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

  • Yes call back and if he is still that way go to the er, he needs to be admitted in the hospital and truly looked after and tested for all issues, you need to find a new doctor the one you have has been giving awful awful care.

    Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

  • I would just take him into the ER don't worry about trying to call.

    Answer by leann74016 at 5:34 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

  • take him to the ER. If he has reflux and is having trouble breathing he could aspirate. I hope it's not anything serious, God bless!

    Answer by Gelijones at 5:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

  • my nine year old had the same problem he was laxtose intolerant... and I would freak out and first chill out. Then I would call tell them that I was thinkin bout getting him soy formula and see what they say. Just make sure u probably already are to lean him forward..`

    Answer by crystalcline at 5:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

  • most often times they don't test for reflux because it is intrusive and can be painful for them and its hard to get an infant to sit through it.

    Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

  • I hope he's okay! My thoughts are with you.

    Answer by Wheepingchree at 6:34 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

  • Go to the ER.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

  • I agree...Go to the ER.

    Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2010