I always want to eat fast food!! Help!!

Its so hard to pass by McDs in walmart and not want a cheeseburger and fries.. and on the way home there are so many fast food places. I constantly find myself wanting to eat out because it tastes so much better than the food here at home, even if I make the same thing. How do I stop my unhealthy cravings!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Just don't go there. You have control over what you do.
    If food at home isn't satisfying you then learn new foods to cook. Learn new ways to cook the same old things. No, fast food isn't going to taste the same as homemade food, but you can make something just as tasty or even more. You just need to find ways around going out to eat. Firs step is to stop going there. Talk yourself out of it, walk past it. Yes, that voice in your head will beg and plead, but just keep saying "I have food at home. I can make something delicious when I get home." Think of other foods that sound good .. like Cold Pasta salad, grilled chicken, quesadillas, etc.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• You have to cut it out of your diet 100% and make healthy foods at home high in fiber, and vitamins, in a couple weeks to a month your body will get used to the healthy food and fast food will no longer taste good to you.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• You start with your brain. That is how I got started. You have to really WANT to make a change. Think about all the things that you want instead of thinking about all the fast food. Stay positive. You can still have fast food: Try ordering a Happy Meal instead of a regular sized meal. GL You can do it!!!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• *want to clarify....You can still have a Happy Meal maybe ONCE a week, not everday.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I am with you OP..... cold turkey is absolutely the only way. :(
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:48 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Go to the library and check out Food, Inc. or Fast Food Nation

Answer by rkoloms at 6:31 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Fast food is addictive. The additives and chemical profile actually react in strange ways in the brain. The combo of refined starches, sugars, and fats is found no where in nature. When you eat this junk, your body has a biochemical reaction. It's in your brain, your guts, your vascular system. It's truly addictive.

You have to stop. Like smoking. You have to stop.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• It is definitely an addiction. Put your own foot down. Budget, meal plan and stick to it. Be committed to cooking. Fast food really doesn't taste better than real food. Your taste buds have just grown accustomed to it as well as your body. Once you get that food out of your system and healthy food into it, when you do indulge one of those cravings you will find out exactly how disgusting that kind of food can be.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2010