So, what is the verdict?

I wasn't able to watch the health care summit today. I don't have time to watch it now, but am looking forward to when the kids are asleep and I can get an accounting on how things went down today. How do you feel it went and what were the most poignant subjects and who made the best case for those subjects? I am curious because it seemed as though is was just posturing from the get go. I really didn't see a reason for any of them to do it (either side), except that this would placate everyone that was expecting the whole health care debate to be shown by cspan.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Bottom line:

"President Obama ended Thursday's daylong White House summit with a bang, threatening to push for passage of health care reform without Republican support if a bipartisan agreement remained out of reach.

"If we're unable to resolve differences over health care, we will need to move ahead on decisions," he said, alluding to using reconciliation, a controversial maneuver that prevents a GOP filibuster by requiring only 51 votes to pass legislation.

Obama added that if voters are unhappy with results, then "that's what elections are for."

LINK

***

He is going to rue the day he said that come November!!! LOL

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:20 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• As I suspected it would be.All a show so that Obama could say 'I tried to work with them' and just go ahead and do what he wants regarrdless.
    Anonymous

• It was mostly dems with their sob stories. Wonder how many were even true?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Yep one sob story after another.Pure emotionalism forget thinking things through make decisions on emotion,Forget those things that have been proven to work and grab the ones that cannot be proven or have been proven to fail.
    Anonymous

***
    Well, that's because they were trying to pander to the libs and progressives, who only think with their bleeding hearts, not with what God gave them between their ears! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:21 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Yep let him do it go for it lol
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:21 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I WAS interested to see something I had not seen before: video of Obama at work. I had seen videos of President Bush at work - during meetings, his demeanor both in listening and speaking during meeting situations. But I had only seen still photos of Obama in such situations.

All I had seen before this was video of him in "giving-a-speech" mode in front of an audience, either standing at a podium or striding back and forth with a microphone. In his professional life before 2009, Obama has mostly been in the role of holding forth in front of listeners - crowds, college classes, courtrooms. But I assumed he was capable of respectful listening.

If I were trying to explain something to Obama, I would be daunted (perhaps insulted) by the way he was often busy with papers & writing, looking around ... just NOT the active listening I was accustomed to from watching Bush, and Clinton, too.

Perhaps he lacks this skill?

waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 6:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• ... Ran out of room in my previous reply ...

I did NOT watch all the hours of it, so perhaps I was just unlucky enough to tune in during times when Obama was doing a bad job of joining into a meeting format ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 6:41 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

Really? Did any of them bring a FAKE grand baby out?? O no, that was a republican dumbalina that did that....What was that one for...This isn't my Grand baby,,.,but if it as....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 6:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 6:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2010