How do I find out what's on my credit report for free?

I don't have any credit at all but every time I apply for something I get denied. I'm starting to wonder why I can't approved for anything so my banker suggested I check my credit report through transunion. I called but I can't get a hold of a real person and when I tried to enter my SS#, it wouldn't accept it. I went to their website and all I see is something for $30. There are lot s of other advertisements for stuff like this but they require subscriptions that I don't want or I'm not sure I can trust them enough to enter my personal information. I'm not that young, I'm married, I've never used credit to buy anything, I don't have any credit cards, I've never missed a bill or rent and I still don't qualify for anything. I'm afraid someone may be hurting my credit without my knowledge.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• Go to www.annualcreditreport.com. You can get one free report a year from each of 3 different companies: Equifax, Transunion, and Experian. I like to pull one free report every 4 months or so by alternating which company I use. The one thing you WON'T get for free is your credit score, but you can see everything else.

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:25 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• you can also use www.creditkarma.com
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:10 AM on Feb. 26, 2010