Does anybody know how I can replace my income, so I can still go to school?

You all always have great ideas, so maybe you all can help me?? I am attending school to get an RN degree. When I started school, I wasn't working. Now I'm working full time and attending school part time. I was under the impression that the school was more flexible and I could go to the nursing classes around my work schedule. NOT SO! They are full time-M-F. There is no way I will be able to work (now I'm FT nights) and still go to school. Between family and getting some time to sleep, I just don't know how to swing it. I can't afford to quit. The economy has really got us tight with the budget. I want to be able to replace my income, but don't have any ideas how to do that. I'm already getting financial aid for school, but it's not enough to help cover the bills. Any ideas? Are any of the government grants for real? I am one class away from applying to nursing school. I hate to quit now!!

Sue41

Asked by Sue41 at 6:10 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• I agree with the first mom. The best way is to have your own home business. Because you can work it in the nooks and crannies of your life and it not interfere with what you do know. I have done this for almost 7 years. We have many who are RNs, Doctors, Lawyers etc who have chosen this as a means to replace or just supplement their income.

The most important thing to remember if you choose the route is to look for something to leverage your time and there is no inventory, no need for home parties etc. If you need help let me know and I can help find something that will work for you.
    usanamama

Answer by usanamama at 10:43 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• There are alot of work from home companies. Check out some of the work from home groups. I have been w/ Avon for 27 years and it will help replace your income. c-theavonlady.com if you have any questions. Another idea can you maybe work a double shift on Saturdays and Sundays? That way you are working 4 shifts in two days and you will have your nights home.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 6:17 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Did you apply for a Pell Grant?

Also, there are work from home jobs and home businesses. The work from home are employers that hire you to work at home .. the home businesses are businesses you pay a start up fee usually for a starter kit and some provide websites. I have two home businesses, they are all done on line and I can work any hours I want as much or as little as I want.

I like the home biz vs. the work from home, because I work for ME and no one else. I can set my schedule, my goals and take time off when I want without having to worry about it. My success and income is totally up to me.

Message me if you want more info.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 6:41 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Did you check out Stafford Loans? You have to pay them back but it would at least help!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• If you're looking for a job you can work any time of day or night go to Work at Home Mom

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:09 AM on Feb. 26, 2010