Is it normal that my 9 month old dosen't like to play by himself??

he constantly wants me or my dh i don't know.. if he dosen't know how to entertain himself or this is just normal..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• My 11 month old is the same way. But me and my partner cant play with him 24/7 because we need to do our own thing. So when he putts up a fuss, we just let him cry. He later stops because he's not getting what he wants, and then quietly go's and play's by himself for a while.
    Anonymous

• Of course he wants you. He is a baby! If you don't have time to play, then wear your baby with a sling or other carrier; keep up a dialog of what you are doing and why your are doing it.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• He'll learn soon how to play alone if you give him the time to I think but I have twins so the always had each other. They are 19 months and just recently my DD has started doing her impression of my little shadow. But I love her she likes to help me do stuff so it's ok :)
    Maybe try getting him some toys with mirrors on them...those are great and he'll think he isn't alone! LOL
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Heh. Yes. :) We indulge that time period between 9 months and a year where they "need" us 24 / 7. So far, it has paid off for us, because our kids happily play by themselves now. I've never left my kids to cry, and they get through it faster when we let them know we're there for them. Both of my kids are very independent now, and will play without us a good bit. This time will pass, and it'll feel like forever. But putting the time into your child is worth it.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Yes.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 9:02 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Ummm he is 9 mths old. The End.
    Anonymous

• Normal - yes! Can be made WORSE by pushing him away? Yes! Indulge him and at 11-13 months and he'll play by himself very happily for surprisingly long periods. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Yes its totally normal and parents should play with their kids, they learn through play at that age, its also good bonding time between kids and parents.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:27 AM on Feb. 26, 2010