Do you know that the wedding band goes first?!?!

There was just a question about which goes first and your band is traditionally cloest to the heart.

Did you know this? Do youwear yours like this? Does it even matter to you LOL?

HannahLee87

Asked by HannahLee87 at 6:41 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wear mine strange apparently, I wear my anniversary band then engagement ring then wedding band, I like the way it looks the best and it's the most comfortable
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I wear my engagement ring first. I got it first, so it's first. Besides that, it looks better that way and is more comfortable because of the difference in the widths.
    Anonymous

• Your band goes on the inside then the diamond ring. That is the reason, closes to your heart. I wear mine like this b/c most people do. It looks funny the other way to me unless it's in a setting set.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 6:48 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I never thought it mattered until I got married the man that married us told us about the tradition. Now I notice most people wear it band on first. it looked funny to me at first i kept wanting to change it but now im used to it!
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 6:50 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Yes, I have always known that. My band has always been before my engagement ring. And now, they are soldered together so it makes it even easier!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 6:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I wear the wedding band closer to my heart. My friend is a jeweler and told me that was the traditional way to wear them. I never noticed how others wear theirs.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Yep, the jeweler told us of the tradition. I had them switched around because to me, he gave me the engagement ring first, and then the wedding band, so it made sense to me to wear them like that. I liked the "closer to the heart" spiel she gave us, so I switched them around.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 7:02 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Yes, I know that and that is how I wear it.. The diamond is just a promise even tho you got it first. The band is the actual vow and should be closest to the heart..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:11 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I have always worn my wedding band first because it never comes off.  I wear my engagement ring second and my eternity ring third.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:47 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Yes, I always wore my wedding band first and then my engagement ring. Now I wear my anniversary band, then wedding band, then engagement ring- mainly because the anniversary band is a little big so the other rings ahead of it make sure it won't fall off and get lost.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:50 PM on Feb. 25, 2010