What are some good diet plans?

I just really wanted to know if any of these diet websites/clubs work. Like Nutrisystem, Weightwatcher, Curves, Jenny Craig.. etc. Are they worth paying for?

Asked by brit041 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• My friend just lost over 50 lbs. on weight watchers but she counted everything and was very strict with it.

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Dont call it a diet. I call it is life style change. I lost almost 70 lbs just eating veggies and lean protin and whole wheat breads and pasta's. I wouldnt deprive myself of anything either. If I wanted it, I would have it. I also bought an elliptical and would get on that. I know a lot of women have had success with those other programs but the key to successful weight loss is to learn how to eat correctly and get active.

Answer by hollster at 3:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Weight watchers is a good program... it's not really a diet. It's more like a healthy life change. Anything that asks you to take pills, shakes, or anything like that isn't worth it.

Answer by crazysocks830 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Arbonne has a good weight loss program called Figure8. The website has lots of tools to help like sample menu plans, recipes and a calorie calculator etc. You can sign up for the 8 week challenge and it will help you keep track of your meals and weight loss. It also has a message board so you can get encouragement and share your successes.

Answer by rasbneon at 10:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Try the enzyme diet. You get all your nutrients that your body needs but you shed the lbs. I know I lost 19 lbs. and have been able to keep it off.

Answer by Red54 at 9:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I lost weight (about 50lbs) doing Nutrisystem and Curves. Curves totally toned my legs big time and made me very flexible and energetic. Plus if you dont like working out-it is different than that. However, I did end up quitting my local Curves because they keep letting husbands inside and it was a real problem for me. I joined to be with women not men. On Nutrisystem, it works but I was hungry alot, and the food was nasty - everyone says "delicious", I say nasty. The only thing good was the snacks....everything else was horrible. (but it totally worked)

Answer by Elizabethsmilez at 12:19 AM on Jul. 9, 2008