Anger outbursts.

I am having some serious anger problems. It started after my mom died. I've come along way sense then but at least once every couple months this boiling angry bubble rears it's oozing head.
I will be seeing counseling in a few months (family counseling) once i move to live with my husband. But i need to find other ways to help me deal with this issue. Yes, i mean outside of therapy.

does anyone know any good books on anger control for adults? or how to recognize the reasons for anger etc. I just need something i can do on my own. I'm self motivated and hate my behavior when i feel this kind of anger.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Try Yoga. Some way to take Away your issues! This is common. Finding a way to deal!! Finding a nice way yo vent and take it out! Even get a Punching/heavy Bag! You can overcome anything if you Try! You can do it! We all have it! We learn to deal! Plus you're an example! Hope you find what works best for you.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Whenever I get to the point of wanting to scream ( I am bipolar ) I usually do just that. Stick your head in a pillow and scream for as long as you can. Invest in a punching bag. I love to beat a punching bag it relieves a lot of stress. Or try to meditate with candles soothing music and a hot bath. I hope something helps you out :)
    mommymandaleigh

Answer by mommymandaleigh at 7:19 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Valium.
    Anonymous

• I don't know of any specific books on anger, but I like "feeling good", though I can't remember who it is by. It's about cognitive behavior therapy, and I"m sure it could help. There's a workbook, too.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• No thanks anon.
    I don't do, use, or take drugs.

-OP
    Anonymous

• Thanks angellinda
    I do yoga. :) that's how i've gotten so far already.

-OP
    Anonymous