how to dress up??

I know how to dress up funky but not nice and would like to every now and then, I think i dress cute but woman wants to be cute all the time, sometimes i want to be sexy but i dont know how so i think that if i cant do it right then I shouldnt do it at all because I am afraid I will look silly.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• To me, being 'sexy' in something isn't so much about WHAT it is, but more about how I FEEL in it. I hope that made sense. Looking sexy is more about confidence than it is about the clothes you are wearing. If you're going out, you can't go wrong with a little black dress. Pair it with a pair of red heels and a metallic purse and you've got a pretty 'sexy' look. (check out an episode of TLC's What Not To Wear if you're looking for ideas, that's where I got this example from) But if you don't feel confident in that dress, then you're not going to look sexy. Know what I mean?
    You also have to make sure your clothes fit correctly. You can look just as sexy in a pair of jeans as you can in that little black dress as long as they fit properly. Pair those jeans with a pair of colored pumps and a v-neck top and add some great accessories and you've got a sexy casual look..
    I hope that helps somewhat. :)
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 7:46 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I'm not sure how old you are. I didn't start feeling really "sexy" until I was in my late 20s/early 30s. I had a man tell me one time (when I was like 20) that a women didn't reach the peak of her beauty until she was 30, and completely lost that "girlish" look. I felt that way - I always felt like I was just playing dress up when I was young. I was cute, but not sexy.
    I think some of it is in the looks, and some of it is the confidence that comes from growing up a little. I was WAY more confident at 30 than I was at 20, and I'm more confident now at 36 than I was at 30. But make sure you aren't showing too much, sometimes there's a fine line between sexy and slutty. Sexy leaves something to the imagination.

Answer by missanc at 2:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2010