laundry detergent

are there any other detergents you can use that are not dreft? that stuff is just way to expensive an stinks =/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Unless your child has allergies to laundry soap you should be fine to use a regular detergent. If you are worried, you can always do a second rinse.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I never used any special detergent with my kids. All Free & Clear is fragrance & dye free. These are usually what irritates skin.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:42 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I have always used regular Tide. Wash something of your baby's in it and then try it out. Most babies skin is not really that sensitive. If they are, you can use any fragrance/dye free detergent.

Answer by missanc at 7:42 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• When my kids where babies/toddlers I used the same detergent I used for all the family. They never had a problem with it.

Answer by louise2 at 7:42 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I used the Dreft the few few loads and that was it. I did wash the baby clothes separately and used less detergent.
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 7:47 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I used dollar general detergent - laundry powder called Sun. Used it with my last baby and he never reacted to it. Now I make my own laundry soap and no one has any problems :-)
    Babies are alot tougher than commercials would have you think. A hundred years ago they washed baby clothes in homemade lye soap and no one thought anything of it.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:48 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I've been using the Free and Clear detergent for awhile now. Like you said, Dreft is so friggin expensive! My son does have sensitive skin though so I can't use the regular detergent, otherwise I would. Anything without dyes or fragrance would probably be just fine.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I use regular detergent and wash all of our clothes together.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:41 PM on Feb. 25, 2010