do you give your pets any table foods?

why or why not? and if you do what do you have and what do you allow them to eat?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Pets

• Occasionally we will give our cat a few pieces of popcorn. If we are watching a movie and munching popcorn he goes nuts and yowls until we give him some. He won't eat anything else besides cat food.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• No..we do not give our dogs or cat any table scraps. Its not healthy for them. Grapes, onions and some other foods could be potentially lethal to a dog.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 8:18 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• the only time the dog gets table scraps is if they are on the floor. but i try to get everything before we let her into the dining area. we keep her either in her pin, or outside while we are eating to limit her exposure to what she might eat. Shes a lab mix, and she just eats dog food. oh, and peanut butter in her kong.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 8:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Yes. Chicken, hamburger, steak, carrots, and the occasional french fry that falls on the floor. In moderation, of course, and with plenty of dog food.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 8:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I don't ever feed my dogs from the table but i do give them some people food. Green beans are a healthy snack for dogs. If ihave left ove chicken or whatever that is not really enough for another meal i will cut it up a little and use it in a training session.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Yes. My dog Brandie, ate everything and anything. When we'd go out to DQ, sometimes we would bring her home a little kiddie cone (of vanilla ice cream) or bring her home a little bit of leftover steak if we went out to dinner. She was very spoiled, but we always joked that she had an iron stomach. Never got sick from ANYTHING! When she was a puppy, she jumped up on the counter and ate 5 raw chicken breasts that we thawing and then a few weeks later, ate half a pan of fudge my mom made. We thought for sure it was the end for her on that one, but neither events even phased her! She was a healthy weight her whole life and lived to be almost 14.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Yes, I do not feed the dogs from the table but they get the scraps when we are finished eating.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• They get veggie scraps mixed with their kibble all the time. They get left over steamed rice. Popcorn. Stuff that's okay for dogs.

Raw veggies are a safe healthy treat. My dogs have endless stomachs. The veggies are low calorie and make them feel more satisfied. Kale and tomatoes are their favorite. No grapes, no onions, no dangerous plants. When we make broccoli, they get the stalk-- the broccoli bone. They think it's the coolest treat ever.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• We don't give ours veggies, they eat only lamb and rice dogfood with no fillers... If they get a treat from the table it's just a bite for each and it's usually a little off of the meat we were eating. Dogs shouldn't eat anything other than meat anyway. Their stomachs aren't made for anything else. Now if you were to ask my Hubby, he would tell you they love gummy bears, and green apple twizzlers,lol... Not from me though!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:47 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Our dogs get leftover meat and bread, particularly if I drop a piece on the floor. Otherwise, they get carrots for snacks and peanut butter in their kongs.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:51 AM on Feb. 26, 2010