dilated 2.5 centimeters and 80% effaced had membranes stripped when do you think labor will begin

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When your baby is ready to come. It could be a couple of weeks still. I walked around 4cm for three weeks before my induction with my second. I had my membranes stripped with my first and it didn't do anything but hurt like hell. Not to be a downer, but don't get your hopes up too much because it could be a while yet.
    Good Luck, your little one will be here soon enough :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:21 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Drink some caster oil to get it going if you want. You will poo your brains out, but it worked for me. I had contractions for about an hour and then my water broke. It's worth a shot but it doesn't always work. If you anxious to get things moving that is. Other than that, there's no telling. If you don't want to go that route, try lots of sex and walking.
    Anonymous

• When your body is ready. Not until then.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• When your baby is ready to come out. it hurt like hell when i got mine stripped i was 2 cm dilated and 75% effaced. i didnt go into labor for another 2 weeks..just be patient!
    Anonymous

• probably will be unrelated to having membranes stripped.... it's impossible to say. we don't even know how many weeks you are. if you are 42 weeks, i'd guess within a couple of days. if you are 41 weeks, i say within the next week or so. if you are 40 weeks, within the next 2 weeks or so....... gl :)
    Anonymous

• i had memberanes stripped twice, was at 3cm and 75% for 3 weeks and ended up being induced! no way to tell.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 11:23 PM on Feb. 25, 2010