Hurt at work. ANY ADVICE APPRECIATIATED

My dh hurt his foot at work at work on Tues. morning. His supervisor told him to sit down for a min and then he went back to work. That afternoon I told him he needed to have his foot seen about. He called his boss and told him that he was going to Express Care. His boss said not to tell Express Care that it happened at work that he needed to tell them that it happened at home. Well his foot is broken and he may need to have surgery what do we do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• you tell your husband that it happen at work his boss is trying not to have to pay him you tell the express care it happen at work and fill out the papers for it and his boss can pay for it
    Anonymous

• Your husband needs to tell the TRUTH. His boss is trying to avoid a workman's comp claim.

Get ready to go to the Labor Board,. too.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• gdiamante SAID IT RIGHT
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 9:10 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Should we talk to a lawyer?

OP here
    Anonymous

• YES. You should talk to an attorney.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I wouldnt lie. I would tell the TRUTH!!! this could back fire on him later on!!!!!
    rosesrred1

Answer by rosesrred1 at 9:55 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I am so sorry about this happening to your DH. I agree with everyone else, tell the truth and get an attorney. Good luck,Hon!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• You don't necessarily need to speak to a lawyer. What state do you live in? Is this a small company? If your husband already went to the doctor, and didn't tell them it's a work injury, he should call back and advise them of such. There is likely a specific form that needs to be completed. There is also likely to be a form from the employer to fill out. I would venture to say that the employer cannot keep an employee from filing a claim, but I do not know the laws in your state. Oh, I'm a workers' compensation claims examiner, so if you want, you can tell me the state where you live, and I'll try to tell you what you need to do.
    Anonymous

• Hopefully the last anon poster will read this we are in South Carolina. And the company is UPS.
    Anonymous

• It looks like this is the form to complete to initiate an injury: http://www.wcc.sc.gov/NR/rdonlyres/F1EA801C-7E09-47FF-9DDB-46F7017792AC/0/Form50.doc
    My guess is that UPS is self-insured, but you could call and find out. Here's the link to the home page: http://www.scstatehouse.gov/index.html HOW TO REPORT AN INJURY:
    How do I report an on-the-job injury?

Report all injuries at work to your employer immediately and request medical treatment, if needed. If you neglect to report the injury within 90 days of the accident you may lose your benefits.

Although you must report the injury within 90 days, you have up to two years to file a claim for benefits. If a worker dies because of work-related injuries, the worker’s dependents, or parents if there are no dependents, must file a claim within two years of the death to claim benefits

Anonymous