Cant pregnant women really not eat tuna ?

im towards the end of my pregnacy and ive eaten tuna just about evry other month. doctor said my child es perfectly healthy so am i . So can prego women really not eat tuna or es it just a common thingg.

CedesM

Asked by CedesM at 8:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You can eat tuna, you just aren't supposed to eat a lot of it.
    Anonymous

• you're supposed to eat tuna once a week to help the baby's brain develop....if you want a smart baby get your dha and eat that tuna
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• My baby will be smart then cause i eat tuna and fish sticks.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 8:34 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• You can eat it, just not a lot of it because of mercury levels or something like that.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 8:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• my doc told me when i was prego i could have like 1 tuna sandwhich a week but no more cause of the mercury levels.. you'd have to eat at least 2 sandwhiches everyday the entire pregnancy to harm the baby.
    Anonymous

• fish is good and okay at least 3 times a week. But you just can't eat stuff like shark or swordfish and other fish along those lines because those are the ones with the high mercury.
    theladybugscafe

Answer by theladybugscafe at 9:15 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• You can eat tuna. Switch to chunk light (NOT albacore) and eat it 2 or less times a week.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 10:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• my dr. told me to just watch it and not eat it too often due to mercury levels. I craved it during pregnancy
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 12:27 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Its the mercury in it... you can look up a list of what fish is high in mercury and avoid those, and eat the others in moderation. Limit yourself.
    D.Tetz

Answer by D.Tetz at 1:34 AM on Feb. 27, 2010