I am 29 weeks and I get leg cramps every night, any way to stop them?

stephdunn

Asked by stephdunn at 8:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Eat bananas. That helped me a little bit, never made them go away completely though. Sucks.
    Anonymous

• Hit 9 months and have the baby. I wish I could give you a better solution! Make sure you are staying hydrated too that will help.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• flex your legs, that will get rid of them. have your SO push your toes towards your face or use a jumprope
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:54 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Drink water before bed, and keep yourself hydrated, also there are some simple and safe stretches to do before even if you're pregnant, just to keep the muscles warmed up and keep them fro stiffening.
    reecenkaden

Answer by reecenkaden at 8:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• i never had any luck getting rid of my leg cramps in the 3rd trimester of my 2nd pregnancy. i ate bananas, and always drank loads of water. i agree that those are good suggestions, along with simple stretches. like when you first lay down point your toes down, then up, and can of make a circle w/ your toes.

i know they SUCK. hurt worse than labor, honestly. (just that labor lasts hours and hours and thank goodness the leg cramps dont!)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:02 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• bananas, water... water... water. more protein and a liquid calcium magnesium supplement.
    Anonymous

• I am having the same problem and my doctor told me to increase my calcium and take 2 tums and its working. I drink a glass of milk right before bed and take the tums!! Its working great so far!!!
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 9:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• try to get more potassium in your diet. bananas are great! drink some extra water.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 12:00 AM on Feb. 26, 2010