So. i over heard someone talkinq in the store "why didnt she have an abortion, shes young"/ how am i suppose to feel ? should i have said something, or kept it moving?

So im 20 yrs old. perfectly capable of raising my kid. have a car and apt. lol.
i over heard some women tlkin about ME. saying she shud have had an abortion. and she's so young . !!!> was i right to keep walkinq away or shud i have said something ?

CedesM

Asked by CedesM at 8:41 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would of barked at them or something ridiculous like that, ridiculous people need ridiculous things to talk about :) N just 4 the 1 who said shud, shud, be spelt should fo sure this is the Internet N 2010 abbr. r in
    D.Tetz

Answer by D.Tetz at 1:32 AM on Feb. 27, 2010

• id have kept to myself and been the bigger adult and just ignored them it aint worth the fight or the drama,what a stranger says dont define u
    aliciaDnewman25

Answer by aliciaDnewman25 at 8:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• You were the bigger woman. Remember that the opinions of strangers is worth nothing.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Nah people like that who have nothing better to do than judge every friggin person they see are pathetic. Not worth your time or energy. You wouldn't have gotten through their thick skulls anyways.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:49 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Ignore it. You did the right thing, there is nothing in that situation that you can say... I had my dd when I was 16, then ds @ 20, ds # 2 @ 22... I understand how it feels, but the world will not come to an end. Just remember that if they are willing to say something like that to a complete stranger, that they are a total douche. Karma is a big, bad b!tch.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:52 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I agree with the others...you were right to ignore such a horrible comment from an evil person. However, if I were you, I don't think I would have been able to control myself. I would have turned right around and said "I didn't have an abortion because I don't believe in MURDER!!!" And probably would have punched the lady. But I'm crazy like that. Haha.
    Anonymous

• Drama.... the drama isgetting old...
    oh,and spell it like this: SHOULD, not shud.
    Anonymous

• I got a better one. I was 18 when I got married had my first son at 19 so I was walking through walmart one day. A little ole lady walked up to me & said "lord you look so young, is that your baby?" (not so bad right just wait) I said "Yes mam he's 4months old" (her)- " Oh well I bet the dad is just another dead beat right?" (EXCUSE ME WTF NO SHE DIDN'T) I kept my cool. and said "actually he's at work doing what he's got to do to support us, I got lucky" "have a good day" and walked off. Needless to say she was shocked...I mean I know most young couples today (I'm only 20 now so this was like 1 year ago) the men suck! majorly. but there are good guys out there so. I hate when people judge I try not too unless I know the situation then if asked I put in my opinion. Otherwise its not my place!!!!!
    You did the right thing by walking away!!! Way to go MAMA!

rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 9:50 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• its not worth your time energy or stress to worry about what complete strangers think! i had my first at 19. and had people ask me TO MY FACE why i didnt have an abortion. and those were people who were supposedly my husbands friends!
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 11:21 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• The right thing to do would be ignore it. But I'll admit when it comes to something with my kids, even if they aren't born yet I will go off on a biotch! Ofcourse thats just me!
    Mom_of_2_boyz87

Answer by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 12:55 AM on Feb. 26, 2010