Have you ever had your hair messed up at the salon?

I went to get my hair cut today. I liked how it looked until I got home and noticed one side is way shorter than the other. It is not suposed to be. I wanted my hair cut for family picture we are taking in two days.

RaeLynn1221

Asked by RaeLynn1221 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• yeah when i was a kid the stylist kept talking to my mom and cutting away! I looked like a boy!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Go back and have it fixed. Maybe ask for another stylist if you don't feel comfortable letting the same one fix it. They'll most likely fix it at no extra costs.
    Anonymous

• Oh yes... I got one really terrible cut- I was so upset! I actually ended up chopping off hair that was a little past my shoulders to a bob at the chin just to cut out the bulk of the really short layers that I absolutely did not want!

You have two options... if it's something fixable, go back to the stylist who cut it and she should touch it up for free. Or if it's a total travesty and you are never letting that stylist within ten feet of your hair again, go to another salon and ask them what they can do for it.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:52 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• The right side is at my ear and the left is at my chin. So the left side needs to be trimmed up. I guess I could go back to her ONCE more. This is the first time she has cut my hair. The woman I usually go too is so hard to get ahold of so I didn't even try this time.
    Anonymous

• Yes, Hon... instead of biatching about it on Cafemom, I would be calling the Salon and seeing how fast they can fix the situation. Also, this does not mean getting your money back, but rather, having them fix the problem.
    Anonymous

• I don't get haircuts very often for that exact reason. I had hair down to my middle back and went for a cut. It was supposed to be cut to my shoulders and I told the guy cut it a bit long. I left there crying because he cut it up to my ears. Not only that but I looked like Alice from Dilbert. It was sooo sad. That was on Wednesday before thanksgiving, my son's baptism was scheduled for that Saturday. I had thanksgiving dinner with my husband's entire extended family. Needless to say I wore a hat. As I was running out of the salon crying the manager asked my husband what was wrong, he told her I was obviously not happy. She gave me three free hair cuts. Like I ever wanted to go back to that salon! GAH! Anyway I did go back because I couldn't have that hair at the baptism and they ended up having to give me a really short cut. I looked like a q-tip. I learned my lesson never go to a stylist who I haven't seen their work.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I most defiantly have. It was at a hair school and I told the girl I wanted LAYERS like the girl working the station next to her..I guess she wasn't paying attention because she took my very long hair and chopped her FIRST CUT right at my chin..you can't fix something like that so I ended up with a short bob :/ All my very long hair gone.

If you go in and just let her know it's off I am sure the lady will fix it free of charge. Maybe she just didn't notice but it's nice when they do it right the first time...
    mommy21beauty

Answer by mommy21beauty at 9:57 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Yeah, but it wasn't a cut job. I went in to get red highlights put in my hair and I ended up with huge orange chunks instead. Rather than just putting the highlights in my hair, she bleached big chunks of it and then put the red dye in. FAIL. DH called me Pumpkin Princess for the longest time.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 8:54 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Once I wanted to dye back my blonde hair to brown. She messed it up so bad and had the audacity to charge me for it. I had patches of grey and black and she ran into the back room.She worked in Baldwin,NY in the strip mall by Rockville Center. She was the worst ever experience I ever had with hair. The audacity of the owner to tell me I had to pay. What goes around comes around , she was told to retire at the end of the year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• 3 haircuts in a row! 3 different salons! I went a year without a trim because I was so scared. I went from having boob length hair to having chin length bowl cut (dont know wtf she was thinking) then trying to get the bowl cut fixed i ended up with a rihanna esq type cut, then i waited7 months to get it cut again and got a slightly longer rihana cut AGAIN. so it was over a year before a non professional friend trimmed it for me and she did an awesome job. But who knows if I think it awesome because she only trimmed one inch off instead of 6!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:35 AM on Feb. 26, 2010