this is my second daughter..can i feed her yet? like rice cereal? please remind me...lol

she is 3 months old...and stays hungry...and the cereal in the bottle will not work for her...let me know please...what to do what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i started my son around 4 and a hlf months. i think 3 months is way too early.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• i wouldn't even do the rice cereal in the bottle. my baby is four months and has nothing but breastmilk, yes she feeds frequently but that's just life
    Anonymous

• I go by what the doctor said and he told me at 4 months you can start on solids if you think they are ready, I waited until 5 months and she is 6 months now.... She only gets solids in the morning my doctor said NOT to out cereal in the bottle... To feed it off of a spoon if you dont think they are ready then dont feed it to them at all... The baby needs to know that solids are fed on a spoon not through a bottle. Dont start off feeding it to them at night either because if they have a tummy ache from it then they might be up all night. Goos Luck! :)
    heatherjenea

Answer by heatherjenea at 9:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• i started feeding my ds at 2 1.2 months so sure if shes showing signs shes still really hungry start out on a little stage one foods my son is now eatting a whole 2.5 oz container at a time with a bottle before bed and breakfast and lunch my doc told me i could start him at 3 1/2 mnths so go ahead it wont hurt her try it out if she takes to it right away shes ready if not wait and try again later
    Anonymous

• 6 months... no cereal or solids before then. ESPECIALLY not in the bottle.
    Anonymous

• Does she nurse, or take formula? As long as she's not taking more that whatever the max amount of formula is, just feed her whenever she's hungry. I would stay away from infant cereal, spoon or bottle.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• It is best to wait until 6 months
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• She needs formula or breastmilk not empty filler which is what cereal is. wait for six months and feed real table food and skip cereal. 3 months is growth spurt time so they want to eat a lot. it is normal.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:17 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• ok thank you so much ladies...i'll just wait til she is oldeer...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• Cereal in the bottle is a choking hazard and was recently determined to increase sleep issues. Keep in mind that solids fed to babies before they turn 1 are for the experience of eating them, not for nutrition (a subject most doctors know little about).Nutritionists recommend starting solids at 6 months; many now recommend skipping cereal and starting with a bit of avocado mashed with breastmilk (or formula). Then baked sweet potato, oatmeal, pumpkin, pureed peas, etc. Jarred baby food tastes awful, is expensive, and you never really know what is in it. Be sure to avoid the allergy trigger foods. This is not a complete list: before age 1, no soy, dairy, wheat, citrus, egg white, strawberries; before age 2 no honey, chocolate, nuts.
    Two great books /websites on feeding babies, with differing philosophies, Baby Led Weaning www.babyledweaning.com and Super Baby Food www.superbabyfood.com You should be able to find them at your l

Answer by rkoloms at 8:31 AM on Feb. 27, 2010