Have you ever regret anything you did while you were pregnant or during birth?

Anything from little to big. Like what if, could have, should have? Emotional Rollercoster. How did you deal with it? Do you talk to your DH about it.? Familymembers? Friends? Do they understand?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I only regret allowing pitocin during birth. I simply warn other moms that it's the invention of the devil.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I wish I would have eaten better while I was pregnant because I'm paying for it now. Other than that, I have no regrets. I do wish I was more aware of what was going on when I was having my son though. I hardly remember anything from his birth. But I was in labor for 25 hours and was pushing for 3 of them so I don't think I had any control over my state of mind at that point. Its like I was not even in my own body. But it does make me a little sad that I don't remember much from that day.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I regret not having a real midwife. I probably could have avoided a lot of the problems that led to my induction if I had had different prenatal care. I wish that I hadn't had an induction (though it was necessary at the time), and I wish that I would have taken better care of myself.

I'm doing much better this time around :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:17 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• OH I should mention 1 other thing, I do regret telling people the name we picked out for our son. BIGGEST MISTAKE right there. It caused so much unnecessary drama and ridiculous arguements with my in-laws. Next baby, no one is going to know anything!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:20 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I gained 80 pounds... but i ate as healthy as i could and still gained the weight plus i did a lot of walking during also.
    mandie_jean

Answer by mandie_jean at 10:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I regret not telling my doctor that NO I will not be induced (there wasn't really a reason to be), I regret not holding my child immediately after being in labor for 3 days, pushing for 4 hours and then having a C-section (another thing I regret). I did eat heatlhy only gained 17 pounds and lost 30, so I'm happy about that.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 11:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I regret not holding out longer for the epi, even though at the time I couldn't stand the pain I was in and really need it. I think if I hadn't had back labor I wouldn't have needed it.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 3:39 AM on Feb. 26, 2010