When should you take your child for their first haircut?

My daughter will be 2 in one month and she has hair but not like a full head of hair like some.It is long enough I could put it up in a little palm tree look but I don't do that because I have heard it can damage their hair that early and,it is looking kinda rough lol I am just not sure if I should wait until it gets longer so we can do something with it like a style or something.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my kid had her first at 1 yrs old
    aliciaDnewman25

Answer by aliciaDnewman25 at 9:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• my daughter will be 20 months on monday. I have not cut her hair yet. I will not cut it until I feel that it needs it, or fills in a little more. Other people think I should cut her hair because it gets in her face sometimes, but I hate bangs! So i am trying to train her hair to part to the side and stay out of her face. She normally does not allow me to put her hair in pony tails or clips, but I am trying to get her to let me. ha ha! I say its up to you. My daughter's hair in back is just a little past her shoulders. Her hair isnt really long or anything, but the back is growing a lot. The front isn't as long though.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• When she needs it, I got my daughter's hair cut at 2 1/2, to straighten out the back, I grew out her bangs. I've never heard of damaging their hair by putting it up before.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 9:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• When the hair needs cut.
    With my sons that was about 1 year.
    I didn't cut my daughter's hair until she was about 3.
    Anonymous

• DD is 19 months old and has had 5 hair cuts- her first was at 8 months! She was born with lots of hair, and it just grew longer and longer. My friend cut it and it was 4 finger lengths over her eyes! And it's not baby hair- it's the same texture as mine.
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 10:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• my son is 2 (26 months) and he's never had a haircut. i don't plan on it until it's necessary. probably when it gets hot this summer, just because i know how i want to shave MY head when it's uncomfortably hot, lol.
    nemiller

Answer by nemiller at 7:13 AM on Feb. 28, 2010