Help I'm a sugar addict!

So, ever since I was young I've always had a sweet tooth. But now I've realized that over the years it's turned into a dependency. I'm sick and tired of feeling sluggish and the horrible sugar high/low moods swings have to stop. HELP! I want to kick this habit!

Are any moms out there ex sugar addicts? How did you do it? xox

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Natural dried fruits are a good substitute for an addiction to sugary foods like candy and such. They're sweet, but without all the table sugar added. Get yourself some dried cranberries, apricots, blueberries ect... Snack on those but control your portions to the serving sizes written on the package.

Another option is some sugar-free gum that you can chew on just to get that sweetness in your mouth. It will be hard the first couple of weeks, but once you get over that hill it will get much easier to avoid those foods. Good luck.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 10:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I have sweet cravings plus pregnancy. I have to eat really intense flavorful fruits. Bananas and apples don't cut it. Kiwi, mango, pineapple, green grapes (the tart ones), melon... I will eat a whole pineapple as a meal.

Sugar, especially refined sugar, is extremely biologically addictive. You are as addicted to it as people can be to nicotine. It'll take some time for it to leave your system.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Great! Thanks for the tips ladies I'll give all those suggestions a try, I'm determined to beat this once and for all!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I have to agree with the other girls, I usually eat fruit when I have that sweet craving. I also like to drink my chocolate Shakeology because it's like a guilt free dessert lol.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 10:54 AM on Feb. 26, 2010

• yep.. i got the choc shakeology too.. and love fruit..i have to have a Reese big cup every night before bed!!
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 12:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2010