Why does it seem like poor poeple with more kids get back more taxes. My brother in law makes 25 grand a year has 2 kids and got back 8 grand. WTF!!???? Then went out an bought a i-Mac (Rolls Eyes) They can't even pay all thier bills

and yes I'm jealous they got back all that money :0)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• the less u make the more u get back. its SUPPOSED to be use to help the families aka bills and food and all that, but most that make very little are used to not making much so they splurge it away cause they aren't used to money management, vs doing the right thing and squaring away the bills first
    aliciaDnewman25

Answer by aliciaDnewman25 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• my husband made $58,000 we have 2 kids and we're getting back $12,245
    Anonymous

• Earned Income Credit. pays back XXX dollars per child based on income. I have four kids and got about $9,000.00 back. Of course I did the sensible thing and paid my bills and bought groceries and put money down to replace our worn out van.
    Anonymous

• ummm anon 939 58k is NOT that much for a family of 4.. so it does fall into lower income based on the amount in your family to your income
    Anonymous

• We are a family of 4, hubby made 93,000..We got back 11,000, due to mortgage interest and student loan interest paid..I would not call us poor..

Anonymous

• i can totally relate to you. My neighbor and his wife are on welfare, and everyweek in the trash you see them setting out empty boxes from things they bought, like a huge flat screen tv, new pergo flooring, a power washer, a table saw, you get the point and I just cant figure out how they can afford it seeing as they are on public assistance. Not to mention the wife is always getting her hair and nails done and I know its expensive because her hubby complains to mine about how she spends so much money on it. Go figure.
    Anonymous

• awww don't hate, be happy for them. for the time being at least he's not hittin you up for money.
    Anonymous

• I am annon :29 ....I didnt say he made alot so UMMMMM thanks for your imput!
    Anonymous

• You know to be honest it's not my place to judge people and what they do with their money. as long as they didn't knock me over and steal money from me or anybody else and they did actually WORK for it then who am I to sit around and piss all over them? My hubby works F/T and I work P/T and we're a fam of 4 and together we bring in about 85,000. with our refund we are taking a vacation like we do every year. we choose to do that because we pay our bills on time and other than our home we have no major debt.

Anonymous

• hey OP it sucks doesn't it. I'm right there with ya!
    Anonymous